S4 Mini: Camera Zoom Problem

ebeskimo

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just bought my S4 Mini and love it except the camera zoom does not work. Any help in solving this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Camera Zoom Problem

Just bought my S4 Mini and love it except the camera zoom does not work. Any help in solving this? Thanks.
It doesn't work by pinching to zoom? Sometimes you need to do it slowly.

Also, did through the camera settings and see if an option is available to display the zoom bar while taking a picture.

ebeskimo

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your response.
Zoom does not work either by pinching slowly or by the volume up or down. Does not work in still or video mode. Gives me a message "cannot zoom in or out in this mode" for every mode possible.
Not sure how to get to any camera setting.
I have removed the battery and put it back in. I have booted in safe mode. Nothing helps.
Still have not solved the zoom problem but I purchased an app, Camera Zoom FX, which works like a charm with 30X zoom.

Last edited:

newby25

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I also had the problem where i could not zoom camera in any mode with my new samsung s4 mini. Also the settings menu wasn't appearing on the camera . I had to reset my phone to solve this problem. Lucky I had nothing on my phone to lose.

John Kociemba

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Turns out the zoom is not a "Camera Mode" but a "Phone Mode" issue. I couldn't find this anywhere on Google or Verizon's help lessons.
I had the phone in 'Starter Mode". I looked up how to put it into starter mode, followed the instructions, then saw the option for Standard Mode. Walla!

Megavolt

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Nice one John!

I tried for hours to 'fix' mine. I'd also did a factory reset, fortunately I was using 'Clone Phone.' Initially is was ok but then once again refused to zoom. I think it was the last update which did it, but can't be sure.

Now we know . . . . .

dragon9874

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Turns out the zoom is not a "Camera Mode" but a "Phone Mode" issue. I couldn't find this anywhere on Google or Verizon's help lessons.
I had the phone in 'Starter Mode". I looked up how to put it into starter mode, followed the instructions, then saw the option for Standard Mode. Walla!

awesomeness Kociemba!! i just got the S5, and had this same issue OOTB (couldn't zoom, & no 'gear' icon). i scoured the web for hours before i found your reply. on the S5 it's "Easy Mode" (i think, i'll double check), but sounded the same... as soon as disabled it, i have full camera functionality!

thanx Kociemba!!! d-(^^,)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois