Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cezza180
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung galaxy s4 mini's sound is completely GONE!!...sort of?

I have had my galaxy s4 mini (gt-i9190) for less than a week and today when I got a call I couldn't hear anything from the otherside. Than laterwhen I tried to listen to my music, no sound came out both speaker and headphones. lastly no sound comes out of tapping and voice searching. I've top the volume in every setting, restarted my phone, tapped my phone on the back and restarted in factory mode. I'm a bit panicking and I'm thinking of returning it and getting a new one, but before doing that I was wondering if I could do anything before doing so. Oh and I think it's not hardware because ( or maybe it is I'm not an expert) it does make a static sound, the one that you get from a radio in the wrong channel, and in occasion get a high pitch (but low sound) sound. Please help guys thanks

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 mini's sound is completely GONE!!...sort of?

Quote Originally Posted by rene 1 View Post
    I have had my galaxy s4 mini (gt-i9190) for less than a week and today when I got a call I couldn't hear anything from the otherside. Than laterwhen I tried to listen to my music, no sound came out both speaker and headphones. lastly no sound comes out of tapping and voice searching. I've top the volume in every setting, restarted my phone, tapped my phone on the back and restarted in factory mode. I'm a bit panicking and I'm thinking of returning it and getting a new one, but before doing that I was wondering if I could do anything before doing so. Oh and I think it's not hardware because ( or maybe it is I'm not an expert) it does make a static sound, the one that you get from a radio in the wrong channel, and in occasion get a high pitch (but low sound) sound. Please help guys thanks

Are you familiar with the volume up-down key on the left side edge of the phone? It is possible, with the phone is in your pocket [or wherever], that the volume down will get pressed. Happened to me a couple of times.

Hey
    I had the same problem with my phone, then i went to
    -->settings
    --> my device
    --> accessibility

and theres this part called hearing, and one of the tick boxes are "turn off all sounds"
    if that's ticked then that could be what is causing the issues
    Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    Jaci Vennix likes this.

Hey Cezza, Thank you so much as it looks like I ticked that box and lost my sound...lol I was having a heart attack thinking I have stuffed up my phone. This site is awesome as I just fall onto it by mistake. Thank you so much again for your help

Yeah this happened to me too but this didn't work I just turned it off and back on and it worked

Hi, this is going to sound strange, but the solution for me was to remove the 1 before all area codes. Even when making a long distance call, I have to remove the +1, and let the operator transfer the call for me automatically (there's a prompt saying that long distance charges may apply...) but after that it works. I've had the phone for two months and have always included +1 when calling, but for some reason the sound just doesn't work anymore if I dial +1 first.
    (I live in Ottawa, Canada with a Toronto number so all calls for me are long distance/roaming). Hope this can help someone!

I am having the same problem compounded by the constant headphone sign even when the headphone is not attached to the handset. Worse! the headphone doesn't get attached at all. Please help!!!