basic s4 mini questions

jozepf

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy my first smartphone. I've read all kinds of reviews and so far the galaxy s4 mini appeals the most to me. But i have a few questions....

The look and feel of the user interface isn't really to my taste. Can you change this easily to make it look more like standard android?

Samsung installs a lot of software i don't care about. Can i get rid of it without rooting? Or at least disable it so it doesn't slow down the smartphone?

If i got it right android has been upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3. Will this device get 4.4? Any chance at future upgrades? Or is the device to old and mid-range?

Can you disable the fake shutter sound while taking a picture? On this page Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphone (video) - Digital Life - Digital Life | siliconrepublic.com - Ireland's Technology News Service the is a demonstration movie about all the possibilities of the camera. Being able to take 20 pictures in a row seems nice. Until you hear the sound it makes, it's like a machine gun. The way it sounds, i wouldn't dare use that feature.

I want to buy an SDHC card for the device, because of it's lack of free memory. What kind of speed is recommended?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is pretty ugly. Using a Launcher like Nova could help. Another option is to install stock-like apps (camera, gallery, dialer, clock, etc) to replace default apps. Root will allow you to flash a nicer and smoother ROM like CyanogenMod.

Apps can be disabled within settings or hidden if using Nova Launcher. If rooted, you can remove bloatware and other unwanted apps.

The mini might get updates, but they are often delayed on non flagship devices.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22