Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ams55
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s4 mini in call problem

Hi, i have samsung s4 mini I9192 dual SIM , when i am in a call , get the phone away from my ear the screen stays dimmed and never lights up (light sensor) till the other person ends the call it lights up again ... but guess what is on the screen !!! i get the date and time settings screen open by itself !!! can anyone help ??? thanks

Default Re: s4 mini in call problem

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector or a case? These can interfere with the proximity sensor (different from the ambient light sensor), which is what detects if the phone is up against your ear or not. If you have either of those items on your phone, try taking them off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi B.Diddy . . thanks for the information of the proximity sensor , i do have a screen protector but it's away form the two sensors , anyway i removed the screen protector and still have the same issue ... the bigger problem for me is the date and time settings that opens after the call finishes ...

You could try clearing the system cache partition. Maybe there's some leftover system data that's mucking things up. Follow the instructions here for "Wipe Cache Partition"; no personal data will be lost:

By the way, did you recently get a system update? There have been an awful lot of complaints recently about the S4 acting up after the recent 4.3 update, so I wonder if you might be in the same boat (I'm not sure if all Minis have gotten 4.3 yet).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks of the information .. i will try clearing the system cache partition , and for the updates , no , i am still on 4.2.2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i am getting closed to the problem ... it's now the proximity sensor is not working at all ... while i am in a call it never turns off the screen lighting .. so as well my ear touches the area where the time on the top left it opens the date and time settings ... tested many times till i figured it out ... so now shall this be a software issue (something in the settings that turns on or off the sensor ) or shall get the mobile to warranty ??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i tried *#0*# then > Sensors > then all sensors are giving values except the proximity sensor i guess i have to go to the warranty guys ... thanks for your help
    B. Diddy likes this.

That's a bummer. I've heard of proximity sensor issues with one of the Notes as well. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App