galaxy s4 mini, battery life, and overall phone

techiewantabe

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The more I am using this phone, the less I am liking it and I've only had it barely a week! I ģot it because it's small, gs4 has gotten great reviews, and I like the lighter screens like the dialer. I liked the lighter ones on iPhone 4s but it is klunky, can't be customized as much, is slow, and I didn't like being in the IPhone crowd.
I missed my speed dial, the way voice mail is set up and a lot of other things droids come with.
I came from envy touch to razor m and didnt like it's bigger size and dark screens. I was told to go to iphone which I didn't like immediately because the above things, as well as others, were missing.
I've got a lot of time and money in these 3 phones over 4 months.
The battery life in this phone is ridiculous! I loaded on some of the same apps as the 4s and never lost battery power like this. Last night it lost all of its power overnight at 70%. A while ago it lost its power in 3 hours and I had turned off a lot of things. What good and how smart is a smart phone when you have to turn off stuff and that isn't easy.
The mini has some stupid things like no spell check, no way to have ring tones for separate things like text and email, and no colored smileys.
Even right now as I write this, the phone is getting slower and hot and i have it on charger.
Maybe my phone is defective and I need another one. Iphone4s had some low battery Issues but not like this.
Any suggestions? Different droid? Iphone 5s? New one of these because its defective?
This isn't what I expected from a smart phone.
Thank you,
Denise

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i find the best way to keep the s4 mini battery in check is to, let the phone completely run out of charge, till it turns itself off, then put it on charge overnite without turning on the phone, this has the result of resetting the battery, after doing this the charge should last longer, i do this at least twice a month, works for me, cheers steve.

Salaskov

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have S4 mini i9195, with version 4.2.2. if I reset the phone battery life is alight, overnight spending is around 3-4 %.
But after next charge battery is going rapidly down – over 20 %.

I tried all apps, and nothing seems to take effect, only restating is making a difference, but only for 1 charging time.
I also tried hard reset, but the same thing.

Anybody have any explanation.

r007

1337 Member
May 23, 2011
Visit site
no way to have ring tones for separate things like text and email

In the default mail client you can set the ringtone for the mail (Settings -> [select what email account to use] -> Select ringtone).
Similar in Gmail client (Settings -> [select what email account to use] -> Inbox sound & vibrate -> Sound).
And you can set the text message ringtone from the sound settings.

Does not fix all your problems... but it might be a start!

ShazPrimus

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have this phone and have no issue with battery life cause I'm used to it and I managed to get about a day and half out of it buy turning on radios when needed and wifi on stand by is great on battery too but I can't take how slow and laggy it is...I will praise the screen because I punched it goodfellas style after it crashed on me and the screen has taken it well. So I'm waiting on delivery of my Nexus 5 in the new year because I'm having to restart more often after crashes. I get a shoe lag on the Galaxy Tab 3 I just bought also so I'm not impressed with Samsung right now but hasn't put me of android and will never steer me near an iPhone

Posted via Android Central App

Cynthia Coleman

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My problem with the S4 mini, now that I've had it almost a year is the phone dialer. The screen goes black just after dialing. Once, I tried to call someone-it rang on their end but not on my phone . Another time I thought no one was there, put my phone away and heard a voice talking. As much as I enjoy the apps, I'm tempted to go back to a more basic cell phone.

twizar

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Battery no good

The battery life also went down a lot over the last two years of use on my phone.
But instead of replacing the phone, I bought a Zerolemon 5100mAh battery and from 3 hours of screen on time with the original battery, I get now 8 hours and 2 to 3 days of heavy use.
If you want more informations about it, I made a youtube video: "Zerolemon 5100mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - unboxing and first impressions"
Feel free to ask anything about it in the video comments section.