lock screen after every phone call?

benanarama

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I am a bit annoyed at how the S4's phone app is behaving and I am not sure if this is normal or if something's wrong with my device.

Here's the problem: After each phone call I make I get the lock screen and need to enter my PIN. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's how my phone is set up precisely: In "My Device/Lock Screen" it says: "Screen will be locked in 1 minute after screen automatically turns off". In the phone settings, the option "Turn off screen during calls" is not activated.

What is even weirder is that if I activate the option "Turn off screen during calls" the behavior described above only happens if the other person ends the call. If I end it myself, the lock screen doesn't appear.

Edit: I just found this post relating to the Samsung S3, where one guy has the same problem:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...creen-automatically-locks-when-call-ends.html

So it seems I am not the only one. It's strange though that some people claim that they don't get the lock screen after calls.

Last edited:

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use to use an app called On Call End which would give me the op to have it either go Home or Dialer or other. Not sure if it will work for u but its worth a try.

benanarama

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I did try that app but it doesn't appear to be doing anything on my phone. I guess I just have to get used to this weird "feature" of Android. What the developers were thinking is beyond me though...

tolgyesi

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I too have this issue. A call typically comes when I am driving using google or waze nav and immediately darkens the screen. At the end the power button wakes it up so I can end the call but then it is locked. The company mandates 5 digit pin to unlock the phone, which is a ... in thick traffic when I would need the nav.
Sometimes even the sim card is locked and I have to restart the phone.
I tried On Call End and various car mode apps without success.

The phone is an S4 mini with T-Mobile in Europe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

nori_nori

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Up to now, every Samsung I've had, does this. It's an inbuilt feature, it's nothing to do with settings, contracts, rooting, corporate security or pin/password/pattern. It's infuriating, makes no sense, and totally inconvenient. Primarily it happens when you don't end the call, the other person hangs up, or you're cut off. The proximity detector, turning the screen off, guarantees a lock, every time. I've been trying to find a solution for years, now. I've tried 'on call end', it doesn't work. I've tried 'stay on', and similar, they don't work. I'd love a solution, as I dread calls now.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9191907)

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Nexus 5 (now on Lollipop, but with the exact same issue). While some have recommended On Call End, that app hasn't worked for me. My pin locking is forced to the phone by a corporate policy, so that may be why On Call End works for some but not for me.

This is a big problem when driving. When I end a call and need to call someone else, I have to pick up my phone and re-enter a pin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Santosh Verma1

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I got good result just by changing time in Setting "Automatically lock" ...if it is less than average talk time, then phone will be locked even during call. I increased time to 10 minutes & no issue with short time calls.

Hope this will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze