1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lock screen after every phone call?

I am a bit annoyed at how the S4's phone app is behaving and I am not sure if this is normal or if something's wrong with my device.

Here's the problem: After each phone call I make I get the lock screen and need to enter my PIN. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's how my phone is set up precisely: In "My Device/Lock Screen" it says: "Screen will be locked in 1 minute after screen automatically turns off". In the phone settings, the option "Turn off screen during calls" is not activated.

What is even weirder is that if I activate the option "Turn off screen during calls" the behavior described above only happens if the other person ends the call. If I end it myself, the lock screen doesn't appear.

Edit: I just found this post relating to the Samsung S3, where one guy has the same problem:
    Screen automatically locks when a call ends

So it seems I am not the only one. It's strange though that some people claim that they don't get the lock screen after calls.
    Last edited by benanarama; 12-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Default Re: lock screen after every phone call?

I use to use an app called On Call End which would give me the op to have it either go Home or Dialer or other. Not sure if it will work for u but its worth a try.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I did try that app but it doesn't appear to be doing anything on my phone. I guess I just have to get used to this weird "feature" of Android. What the developers were thinking is beyond me though...

Quote Originally Posted by benanarama View Post
    I am a bit annoyed at how the S4's phone app is behaving and I am not sure if this is normal or if something's wrong with my device.

Here's the problem: After each phone call I make I get the lock screen and need to enter my PIN. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's how my phone is set up precisely: In "My Device/Lock Screen" it says: "Screen will be locked in 1 minute after screen automatically turns off". In the phone settings, the option "Turn off screen during calls" is not activated.

What is even weirder is that if I activate the option "Turn off screen during calls" the behavior described above only happens if the other person ends the call. If I end it myself, the lock screen doesn't appear.

Edit: I just found this post relating to the Samsung S3, where one guy has the same problem:
    Screen automatically locks when a call ends

So it seems I am not the only one. It's strange though that some people claim that they don't get the lock screen after calls.
    Very annoying.

Cool Re: lock screen after every phone call?

Was this issue resolved?

As I have the same

anyone?? anyone??

on call end seems to solve the problem... so far.
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 02-26-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Phones: Galaxy S3 [X2]
    Tablets: ipad mini+ slate7