is my s4 mini worth rooting?

lleeoo66

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have very little kniwledge of droids. I jailbreak my iphones for years and it made a jurastic difference. I am reading the only way to root this model (SCH-i435) is kingo, and I am reading they are sending your info to China or something like that. Should I root this device? My RAM is getting high too, I understand if I root it, I can prevent this.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have very little kniwledge of droids. I jailbreak my iphones for years and it made a jurastic difference. I am reading the only way to root this model (SCH-i435) is kingo, and I am reading they are sending your info to China or something like that. Should I root this device? My RAM is getting high too, I understand if I root it, I can prevent this.

iphone needed (and still need ) jailbreak as its too restricted. Android is different. Rooting is recommended only if you are advanced user and/or requires specific task. RAM is handled by OS, and no need to worry if its on higher end. The OS will "shut down" redundant apps if running low on RAM.
On my Note 2 (2GB RAM) it keep average 1.1-1.4 from 2GB and phone has great performance. I wouldn't suggest any "task killer" apps, as every time you use it the phone have to rebuild the cache and it may seem "slowing "down.
Instead of task killer apps simply turn off the phone every 2 days.
And finally, root your phone only if you know what are you doing. Otherwise leave it as it as you can do more harm than good...

mdawdy

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I started to research rooting the S4 mini and decided against it. I have decades of technical experience with programming PC's and microcontrollers but none with phones, so i am interested in exploring. But there are risks, and it runs just fine for me as it is.

Here is a link to the thread where i posted the results of my incomplete research ...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-mini/348647-links-rooting-s4-mini-related.html

My words....
I have no issues rooting my phones, but for my needs rooting doesn't give me any advantage. Special "headache" is with HTC phones, but Android is fairly "open" so not really need, unlike iPhone, where imo the jailbreak is a MUST...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon