Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Headset

Help!

Just got myself a new Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and i'm struggling.

I like the phone but I'm having a couple of issues and I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

The main problem I have (I won't even start on the fact that I cant receive text messages any more after moving from iphone) is with bluetooth headset connectivity.

I have bought a new Jabra Easy Voice headset and whilst I am able to pair the phone and the device I am having problems making and receiving calls via the headset, even though it says its connected.

If I make a call i.e dial a number the call is being made through the handset and not the headset. When the caller answers they can hear my voice through the headset but I cant hear them through the headset. Their voice is coming through the phone speaker.

If I receive a call I can answer it with the headset and the caller can hear my voice through the headset however I hear their voice through the handset i.e not through the headset.

This is driving me crazy. Samsung cant help, Vodafone don't give a ... and Jabra

Any help , much appreciated.

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset

similar problem here....after update to android 4.2.2
    Sansung Tab 2 - P3100
    headset Jabra Easy Go

pairing ok, multimedia ok
    but no mic or audio when making calls.....its like everything is muted
    but just on calls

help needed

best regards

I have faced a Bluetooth problem with s4 too. It used to heat up and drain battery very fast. Don't know y tho

Sent from my HTC One

I have problem with LG Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth headset. I returned the first one, I'm having same problem with second one. There is no problem pairing or connecting. The problem is; when talking on Samsung Galaxy S3 via LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset at some random point in the conversation the microphone stops, but the earbuds are still working. I can hear, but I can't be heard. I can take the phone off headset selection, and then put it back on headset selection, and that makes it work, again, for a short while, then it happens, again. I lost the mic 5x in a 30 minute conversation. It is an intermittent problem. A Verizon tech did a factory reset on my phone when I took the first one back. I have also done a soft reset, and LG tech had me do a reboot on the headset. The problem persists. I have been in touch with LG, Samsung, and Verizon. The general consensus is there is a glitch in the headset software, but LG says it is not their problem. If it were not for this problem I would be absolutely thrilled with the LG Tone+ HBS-730 Blue tooth headset. I guess I will be returning this second unit for a refund, unless someone on here can suggest a solution that corrects my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalgun Gujjar View Post
    I have faced a Bluetooth problem with s4 too. It used to heat up and drain battery very fast. Don't know y tho

Sent from my HTC One
    It seems all Android-based gadgets behave like this. Whenever I turned Bluetooth on my HTC or Sony, it was getting hot and the battery was fastly draining

Lightbulb Re: Bluetooth Headset

Just read that it might be fixed if you go into the bluetooth settings on the phone and uncheck "media sound". I'll have to test that one out. I've had both issues - outgoing calls go to the phone speaker unless I pick up the phone and press the bluetooth button while it's dialing, and the call will drop the mic mid-call. I'll test and see if it clears up.

As far as your text message problems you probably have to deactivate something on the Apple end because I've heard from people before that they still will be sent to the iPhone even if it's deactivated. That said, it will only receive iMessage and the text messages will just never be delivered to either phone.
    I think that it has something to do with the way iMessage and text messaging is partially unified on the iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App from my S4 mini with an LED light ;-)
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!