Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I switched off my voicemail a few months ago as it was pretty expensive to call and delete any messages (had to phone my network provider as they don't have a way of switching it off from your phone). Last week I had a voicemail notification on my phone so called my network and they deleted any messages I had and confirmed voicemail was still switched off.

However, the notification still remains on my phone. Is there any way to permanently get rid of it? I've cleared the data on the phone app but this is only temporary as the notification reappears after I switch my phone off then on again. I can't phone my voicemail as it asks for my mobile number which it says is invalid.

Any help would be much appreciated! Fed up seeing the notification everytime I switch my phone on.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Get Rid of Voicemail Notification?

Quote Originally Posted by MacSparkle View Post
    I switched off my voicemail a few months ago as it was pretty expensive to call and delete any messages (had to phone my network provider as they don't have a way of switching it off from your phone). Last week I had a voicemail notification on my phone so called my network and they deleted any messages I had and confirmed voicemail was still switched off.

However, the notification still remains on my phone. Is there any way to permanently get rid of it? I've cleared the data on the phone app but this is only temporary as the notification reappears after I switch my phone off then on again. I can't phone my voicemail as it asks for my mobile number which it says is invalid.

Any help would be much appreciated! Fed up seeing the notification everytime I switch my phone on.

Thanks

That's just a very very strange problem you are experiencing. I think you have only last method left and that is factory resetting it !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Get Rid of Voicemail Notification?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    That's just a very very strange problem you are experiencing. I think you have only last method left and that is factory resetting it !!
    Yeah, think I might just do that. It's a silly thing but its just annoying it's always there. Do you have any tips for factory resetting? If I do the back up option that's on the phone, will that keep all my photos etc as well or should I transfer them to my laptop just to be sure?

Thanks

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've just done a factory reset after doing a backup of my phone using Kies on my laptop, only to find the notification is still there!!!

It's something to do with the SIM and not the phone so just going to put up with clearing it every time I switch my phone on (contract on my SIM is up on March so I'll only need to put up with it til then)
    Last edited by MacSparkle; 02-03-2014 at 04:37 PM.