1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keeping Screen turned on

Hi all,

My first post so bare with me. I have just bought this new Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and would like to know if there is anyway to keep the screen turned on when plugged into a docking station/cradle.

Similarily is there a clock app that I can use as a travel alarm clock whilst in its dock.

Thanks all!!

Default Re: Keeping Screen turned on

Quote Originally Posted by rareair04 View Post
    Hi all,

My first post so bare with me. I have just bought this new Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and would like to know if there is anyway to keep the screen turned on when plugged into a docking station/cradle.

Similarily is there a clock app that I can use as a travel alarm clock whilst in its dock.

Thanks all!!
    Yes, you can keep your device screen turned on when you are plugged into a docking station !! All you have to do is install an application, i am sure you can find an application available in the Google Play store ..... try using the StayAwak application from the Play store !
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst

There is a Widget named "Alarm". Tap the Apps icon at the bottom right of the Home screen, tap Widgets in the top line, "Alarm" is probably on that page. Tap&hold, drag it to your Home page.

You can keep screen on while charging (i.e. when in sync dock, or just with charger plug'd in), and you can set it that way without need for installing an app. Well, at least my S4 Mini model GT-I9190 has such a setting. To get this working on mine, I had to turn on Developer Options, which didn't even appear to be available until using a trick I learn'd from mdawdy here in this forum. Thanks Mick! On mine it's as follows:

Home > System settings > More > About device

Scroll down to Build number and tap it repeatedly. A flag pop'd up saying You are 2 steps from Developer Mode. More taps, and then 1 step away. Another tap and wha-la, you get to have Developer Mode settings. Just back out from settings to home, re-enter into settings, and under More you should see Developer options, one of which is called Stay awake. Hope this works for you too.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Fantastic!! Cheers for the reply Wm7Long, that worked a treat!!!!

For an alarm clock app I highly recommend Digital Alarm from Zabamobile. Spring for the paid version to get rid of ads. It's only a couple of bucks so should cost less than your daily Starbucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Great, thank you FishenFool, appreciate the heads-up!