Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Android System Structure, SGH-I257M

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    That's funny and here I thought I was on the forums for Tiny Core.
    I have been away from Unix/Linux etc for 15+ years. I had forgotten about Tiny Core and the like. Neat project, as is anything that is minimal, like the number of live Apps in my phone

Quote Originally Posted by mdawdy View Post
    I have been away from Unix/Linux etc for 15+ years. I had forgotten about Tiny Core and the like. Neat project, as is anything that is minimal, like the number of live Apps in my phone
    While I have been a fan of bare utility since Plan 9 and a renewed fan of *nix minification since D a m n Small Linux, insofar as my portable devices are concerned I favor *breadth* of utility over minification. Except for Propeller and Pi. Tiny Pi. Best Pi. Working toward a custom dense image for that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by mdawdy View Post
    ... These others from your list i will disable and see what happens ...
    Samsung Syncadapters - 720 KB <<<======== I had to re-enable this one ...
    Samsung Syncadapters apparently is responsible for allowing moving App/Widget icons among the home screens

Mick
    Thanked by:

Thanks, interesting. Since my preference is to have only 1 home panel, Sammy Syncadaptors will remain off here. Just hope I remember about this if ever having reason for >1 home panel.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Also needed to move an icon around on the same screen.

I too have just one home screen. I keep a couple of free spots on it to move Apps to temporarily. I tried to re-arrange and it would not do it. I would tap and hold [long press?] wanting to move the icon, the screen would become smaller then immediately go back to full size. Tried it a few times, re-enabled the Synchadapters, and it was back to good.

I think there were 3 Synchadapter apps. I re-enabled just one of them, but all 3 got re-enabled.

Mick

Strange. Removed an icon/shortcut from my homescreen to create a blank spot, and then moved one of the other icons there with no problem. Maybe the reason I don't need syncadaptors is that I'm not using Samsung's TouchWiz? (Been using Apex, after trying 6 or 8 different homescreen/launchers and staying with Nova for a month or so.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12