My Skype doesn't ring

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've checked the settings and the notification box is ticked yet my Skype doesn't let me know that someone is attempting to call me.

I've had a look around the web and the only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall; that didn't work however.

Does anyone know what possible is the issue here?

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using AC Forums mobile app

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
If Skype doesn`t ring, is it possible to receive messages and a short beep announcing them?
I haven`t used that much Skype, I`m comfortable with GoogleTalk, but if it`s something wrong with the app, theoretically none of its functions could be available

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used it to ring out, however my wife attempted to ring in but it made no noise what so ever. I'll mention Hangouts to her, but I have a number of people on Skype already. I think I may be contacting Skype hq to see if they can shed some light on it.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
If she doesn`t Hangouts, there are other similar apps performing in the same way, but as you pointed you will lose contact with the Skype friends. Maybe the team will find a solution to this weird status

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Posted over on the Skype forums as yet no response.

I don`t know why I feel you will wait for week for an answer, if it appears in the end. Probably, in the end, you will think of another Android-based gadget to use, I used a little bit Skype on Xperia and HTC, not the slightest bug. Install it too on my S4 mini and it`s ok

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have found the reason. My Skype calls where heading to my Nexus 7; with that off it rings fine on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20