- 1 Posts
Galaxy S4 Mini: Screen keeps turning back on!
So recently, I dropped my phone in the toilet and luckily it got caught. Basically, I flushed the toilet and in the process I dropped my phone in the toilet; my response was to fish it out as soon as possible so it was in there for no longer than 8 seconds.
My phone is completely fine except for the fact that if I try and put the screen on standby, it turns right back on! The button feels very slightly different before and after the dip my phone had in toilet water. It doesn't help that it knocked against the wall of the toilet.
As far as I know, I fished it out straight away, turned my phone off then dismantled it and left is over the radiator for a few minutes. Now it is currently sitting on some clothing at an angle in the hope it absorbs any seeping moisture.
Are there any solutions?
EDIT: Additionally, I just found out that the speaker does not work for apps or music (Soundcloud) but it works for when I move the ringtone sound levels up and down - luckily, I don't really use the speaker thought it'd be nice to fix up! Earphone jack seems perfectly fine (thank god!), so I can listen to music through earphones perfectly fine, just not through the speakers.
EDIT 2: Now the speakers for the Apps and music seem to work! Just the problem of the screen not turning of :/
Last edited by Andrew Russell1; 02-23-2014 at 08:12 PM.
- 02-24-2014, 08:23 AM #2
- 102 Posts
Re: Galaxy S4 Mini: Screen keeps turning back on!
- By lost in utah in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 02-28-2014, 11:07 PM
- By UNCMo96 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 02-25-2014, 04:23 AM
- By samsunglifestyle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 AccessoriesReplies: 8Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:20 PM
- By dave3389 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 9Last Post: 02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
- By tjgartner in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2014, 04:29 PM