Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Google keep

I'm using Google keep a lot more these days for quick note taking and I'm wondering if a widget can be added to the lock screen? As my phone is set up with 2 home screens and I don't want a third. A widget on the lock screen would be the perfect solution.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google keep

Quote Originally Posted by n2468 View Post
    I'm using Google keep a lot more these days for quick note taking and I'm wondering if a widget can be added to the lock screen? As my phone is set up with 2 home screens and I don't want a third. A widget on the lock screen would be the perfect solution.

Yeah I'm sure it comes with widgets. Check your widget try and see if there is anything there. I've got the Nexus 5 and I can add google keep widgets.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Oh I know there are widgets I want to know if it can be added to the lock screen specifically because I can't figure it out.

Oh I know there are widgets I want to know if it can be added to the lock screen specifically because I can't figure it out.

Sorry I never noticed you said that in the query By default lockscreen widgets are disabled with Samsung, but if you jump into the 'My Device tab' in your Settings, open the Lock screen menu and tick the Multiple widgets tick box you’ll then have access to this feature.

Swiping down from the clock or welcome message, (depending on which you’ve chosen) on the main lockscreen will then let you swipe to the right to reveal additional lockscreen panes. Tap the ‘+’ and then pick from the menu which widget you’d like to show up and you’re done.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

That's odd there is no multiple widget feature in the lock screen settings

That's odd there is no multiple widget feature in the lock screen settings

That is werid, the above steps is what I done on a near by S4 (didnt think the S4 mini) would have been different)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I tried swiping on the lock screen up and then right and a message came up saying unable to edit in security mode.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Ok so I worked it out, in order to get the widgets on the lock screen you have to have the privacy settings on none or swipe. Since I use a pattern to unlock the phone lock screen widgets are unavailable. Thanks for your help.

Thanked by:

Ok so I worked it out, in order to get the widgets on the lock screen you have to have the privacy settings on none or swipe. Since I use a pattern to unlock the phone lock screen widgets are unavailable. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the update! Now, I would know what to know, if I want to add more widgets on my lock screen. For the moment, it`s quite empty, I didn`t have much time to test every feature of my new S4 mini

Thanks for the info