Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Mini: I'm having trouble playing my music

I don't have a clue what's happened but all of a sudden I can't play certain songs on my phone (Samsung s4 mini) anymore that I used to be able to play. I downloaded loads of different albums and put them on my phone and was able to play them for months with no problem and now all of a sudden when I go to play the song it says ''sorry the player does not support this type of audio file'' but it used to?? I'm so confused to why this has happened because I haven't done any thing differently to my phone. Can someone please tell me step by step how I can get it back to playing the songs again please? I don't know if it was done through a automatic update or some thing? I just want it how it was before. It also wont even let me watch some of the videos I've took on my phone neither. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Default Re: I'm having trouble playing my music

The 1st thing to try is a restart: Press and hold power button until menu pops up, tap Restart

But you probably already tried that. So, next thing to try is a rescan of your media:
    Settings > More > Application manager > All
    Scroll down to Media Storage, and tap it
    Clear cache and data
    Restart device (as above).

Hope this does it for you. If not, then please provide more info. Are your songs and videos on SD memory card, built-in storage, a cloud service? Are they free of DRM (digital rights management)?