Sprint S4 mini (SPH-L520) Need help w/ringtones, led indicator, finding files
I've switched from a BB Bold 9930 to an S4 mini. It's my first android phone. I'm having a few issues, have spent hours searching forums, net, and multiple app stores (google play, samsung, droid app sites). I figured posting may be the best way to learn from android experts and save myself a few more months of internet searching.
I'm trying to do several things to customize the phone:
1. I'm looking for an app that lets me assign led colors to specific contacts. I had 2 on BB (Bee Buzz and Color ID) which allowed me to use led patterns (2 or more led lights together) for specific contacts. I've looked at lighflow and others, they don't help me.
2. I've searched phone everywhere for folder where pre-installed ringtones are, and connected to computer to search too. Cannot find them. The notifications and ringtones folders are empty, yet phone has them, so where are they?
3. If I rename bb ringtones and add to Galaxy, what extension type do I need? (mp3, wav, etc)
4. I've synched my contacts with google, etc. but now the contacts are all listed like 3 or 4 times. How can I fix that?
5. I had an awesome app on BB called "Advanced OS and LED". With it I could customize ringtones, notifications, LED, SMS popups, screenshot, flashlight, battery indicator, battery saving mode, auto call redialer, etc.) AMAZING app, but he doesn't make for android. Can anyone suggest a similar type app for Android?
6. Lastly, any suggestions for a streamlined way to search apps or the best app site for this phone? Seems there are so very many, I'm overwhelmed and can't narrow down search results to what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance, android experts!
Re: Sprint S4 mini (SPH-L520) Need help w/ringtones, led indicator, finding files
Welcome to the forums.
Originally Posted by Scarlett729
1. Many LED apps need root access. However, from what you are describing, I am not sure if those can do what you would like either.
2. I would guess they are a hidden system file.
3. I would use .mp3
4. Are they all similar? Or is it something like John Smith has a phone number in one, his email in another, etc?
6. I would stick to Play or Amazon.