Wifi problems Samsung galaxy s4 mini

4fwd

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately did not work for me and tried twice for good measure!
Device displays a Security Notice :- Your device has blocked an action that is not permitted. No further action is required.
Wonder if that action is the request to Turn Wifi ON?
All this has happened since the most recent upgrade via Kies earlier today.
Thanks in anticipation
4fwd

4fwd

May 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks... looks like I'll have to go that route - if that fails, will try and flash with stock rom :(

update:
factory reset and still the same; unable to select WIFI and the same Security Notice as before!!!

Last edited:

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm that's a bummer. Maybe it's a HW fault after all. Did you delete the cach as well before factory reset (you can do both if you start the phone in recovery mode). Maybe it can help, not sure.......

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

4fwd

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes done both the cache partition delete AND factory reset to no avail... also sent Samsung tech an email and visited local EE store.
Ended up downloading and flashing stock rom from Samsung and...... ALL is WELL again!!
Curious thing is that the stock rom that I flashed is the SAME version as the troublesome one that was initially installed by KIES, so can only assume that "something was lost in the translation" as they say ;)
Thanks for your input...
4fwd

ront31

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Same problem but I fix it by rooting again my device. Before I up update my phone is rooted I update the firmware via kies but I pace same prob. Now I fix it by rooting and install the custom room liquidsmooth customized room.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae