Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Samsung s4 not functioning after being dropped in the toilet

Ok so a few days ago my samsung s4 fell into the toilet. It was still on when I took it out of the water then it turned off but first a screen appeared which said something about either the SD or sim card. I have dried my phone completely and it is not water damaged but every time I press the on button it buzzes, then the samsung screen appears and then it turns off again. This happens over and over again until I take the battery out. So basically my phone is not working and I am stuck on what to do. Please help!

Default re: Samsung s4 not functioning after being dropped in the toilet

There could be internal water damage. You can try to put it in a box of rice for a few days, some people have had luck.

If you have phone insurance then it should be be covered though you may have to pay a deductible

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Samsung s4 not functioning after being dropped in the toilet

Look on YouTube how to completely dissemble s4 believe it or not it's easy as 1,2 3 only hard part for me were the screw's. There is a connection which connects the screen to the motherboard. First time I put phone back together I did not put this on properly thus getting exact problem you have. Could be water in connection

Posted via Android Central App