HELP! Galaxy S4 Mini possessed! :(

s4miniuserrd

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and I have been having this problem since yesterday. While I am using the phone in any app, or even when I am not even using the phone at all, the call screen will come up randomly with the last outgoing or received call. Then, if I look at my call record, it appears as if I was calling random numbers (always either 22, 822 or 922). It is happening every few seconds, and it's driving me crazy! :( I'm not a very savvy phone user, so I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. PLEASE HELP :(

PS: If anyone is kind enough to help, please bear in mind the "not savvy" part, aka I won't understand very high tech terms or instructions haha.

Thanks!

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and I have been having this problem since yesterday. While I am using the phone in any app, or even when I am not even using the phone at all, the call screen will come up randomly with the last outgoing or received call. Then, if I look at my call record, it appears as if I was calling random numbers (always either 22, 822 or 922). It is happening every few seconds, and it's driving me crazy! :( I'm not a very savvy phone user, so I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. PLEASE HELP :(

PS: If anyone is kind enough to help, please bear in mind the "not savvy" part, aka I won't understand very high tech terms or instructions haha.

Thanks!

Does pressing the call button bring up the last outgoing or received calls as you may have a faulty button...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Have a look down your phone on an angle to see if the call button is slightly pressed in..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MajaSch

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Do you still have the same problem with your phone? I have the exact same problem on my samsung galaxy s5, even the numbers are the same (822, 922 and 22)!

giorgosko

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have samsung GT S7562
and I have the same symptoms

here is the situation in detail

when I connect Android phone with USB cable to PC
and Settings > Developer options > USB debugging is enabled
the dialer comes up on its own and dials 922,822,22 (about 6 of those every 15 to 30 minutes)

if I disconnect the USB cable or disable the USB debugging or connect to a different PC
this does not happen

so I figured its a PC malfunction (virus probably) that affects android but the USB debugging has to be enabled in order to access the phone fully

I will post back if I find anything more solid

sops101

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I got this problem under control because of previous experience...
You gotta do all of these steps:

1. Go to control panel in Windows click Internet options then click on the Connections tab.
2. Select Never dial a connection

If problem persist continue to step 3.

3. Close all software that is leeching data (uTorrent, Download managers etc...)
Tested on S4 mini and S4...

sops101

May 22, 2014
Visit site
If those didnt work for you...

Lets get a bit more technical...

1. Go to Control Panel then click Devices and Printer.
2. Locate and right click device (Name of Phone usually Samsung ____)
3. Click Modem settings (if area code and locating window pops up enter a location and areacode.)
4. Click Modem Tab
5. Right click the Samsung mobile USB modem that is connected to a port (COM#)
6. Click Remove.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP:
7. Remember how You removed it in case you need to add it back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC