Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Galaxy S4 Mini possessed! :(

Hi, I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and I have been having this problem since yesterday. While I am using the phone in any app, or even when I am not even using the phone at all, the call screen will come up randomly with the last outgoing or received call. Then, if I look at my call record, it appears as if I was calling random numbers (always either 22, 822 or 922). It is happening every few seconds, and it's driving me crazy! I'm not a very savvy phone user, so I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. PLEASE HELP

PS: If anyone is kind enough to help, please bear in mind the "not savvy" part, aka I won't understand very high tech terms or instructions haha.

Thanks!

Default Re: HELP! Galaxy S4 Mini possessed! :(

Quote Originally Posted by s4miniuserrd View Post
    Hi, I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and I have been having this problem since yesterday. While I am using the phone in any app, or even when I am not even using the phone at all, the call screen will come up randomly with the last outgoing or received call. Then, if I look at my call record, it appears as if I was calling random numbers (always either 22, 822 or 922). It is happening every few seconds, and it's driving me crazy! I'm not a very savvy phone user, so I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. PLEASE HELP

PS: If anyone is kind enough to help, please bear in mind the "not savvy" part, aka I won't understand very high tech terms or instructions haha.

Thanks!
    Does pressing the call button bring up the last outgoing or received calls as you may have a faulty button...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have a look down your phone on an angle to see if the call button is slightly pressed in..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It doesn't seem pressed in :S

Do you still have the same problem with your phone? I have the exact same problem on my samsung galaxy s5, even the numbers are the same (822, 922 and 22)!

I have samsung GT S7562
    and I have the same symptoms

here is the situation in detail

when I connect Android phone with USB cable to PC
    and Settings > Developer options > USB debugging is enabled
    the dialer comes up on its own and dials 922,822,22 (about 6 of those every 15 to 30 minutes)

if I disconnect the USB cable or disable the USB debugging or connect to a different PC
    this does not happen

so I figured its a PC malfunction (virus probably) that affects android but the USB debugging has to be enabled in order to access the phone fully

I will post back if I find anything more solid

Thumbs up Re: HELP! Galaxy S4 Mini possessed! :(

I got this problem under control because of previous experience...
    You gotta do all of these steps:

1. Go to control panel in Windows click Internet options then click on the Connections tab.
    2. Select Never dial a connection

If problem persist continue to step 3.

3. Close all software that is leeching data (uTorrent, Download managers etc...)
    Tested on S4 mini and S4...

If those didnt work for you...

Lets get a bit more technical...

1. Go to Control Panel then click Devices and Printer.
    2. Locate and right click device (Name of Phone usually Samsung ____)
    3. Click Modem settings (if area code and locating window pops up enter a location and areacode.)
    4. Click Modem Tab
    5. Right click the Samsung mobile USB modem that is connected to a port (COM#)
    6. Click Remove.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP:
    7. Remember how You removed it in case you need to add it back...