Samsung S4 mini Shuts off during the night

Virgil Guran

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've been having this issue for about a month now. My S4 mini will shut off during the night, every 4-5 days, even though it has enough battery life. I've tried running the phone in Safe mode for a week and have cleared the cache, but no resolve. When I find it turned off in the morning I can turn it back on without any issues, I don't have to insert the charging cable to turn it back on. I only have one 3rd party app installed (Skype) which I rarely use. I've had the phone for a few months and have only recently noticed this happening.

Anyone have any idea whether this is battery or phone related ? Would a factory reset help the situation ? I'm trying to avoid the latter, if at all possible.

Thank you very much for any suggestions you might be able to offer !

mucteba

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
same problem here
happens apprx once in a week
during the night when i am not using
in the morning i restart the phone and it works ok.
not too much apps on device

on another topic within this forum i read that this is a CPU problem and device should be replaced.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A couple questions: (1) Has your phone had to withstand any hard knocks or drops onto a hard surface; and, (2) Are your battery's terminals clean and making good connections at contact points? I'm asking because what you're experiencing is what would happen if you take battery out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci