Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    First off, I have Verizon unlimited data. I like it. I want to keep it. I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SCH-I435) running Android JellyBean 4.2.2. The version (build) is I435VRUAMK5. Since this phone is second hand and without warranty, Im taking some liberties with it. I have so far unlocked it and rooted it. But my ultimate goal of turning it into a free hotspot tethering device is being thwarted. I installed the Hotspot Toggle Widget by Fattin Hotspot Network. It still defaults back to the Verizon hotspot plan . Ive read a lot of threads trying to decode this thing. Has anyone been able to figure this out for this build/carrier/model? I'm done scouring forums and threads for that golden nugget and I'm just coming right out and asking for help.
    Last edited by ltmac; 05-06-2014 at 10:43 PM.
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    Quote Originally Posted by ltmac View Post
    First off, I have Verizon unlimited data. I like it. I want to keep it. I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SCH-I435) running Android JellyBean 4.2.2. The build is JDQ39.I435VRUAMK5. Since this phone is second hand and without warranty, I’m taking some liberties with it. I have so far unlocked it and rooted it. But my ultimate goal of turning it into a free hotspot tethering device is being thwarted. I installed the Hotspot Toggle Widget by Fattin Hotspot Network. It still defaults back to the Verizon hotspot plan . I’ve read a lot of threads trying to decode this thing. Has anyone been able to figure this out for this build/carrier/model? I'm done scouring forums and threads for that golden nugget and I'm just coming right out and asking for help.
    Well, If your device is running Jellybean 4.2.2 then I think there should be an option named tethering available for you, just try going into your settings>wifi settings>more settings>tethering and portable hotspot ! I am sure you can enable tethering from there have you checked it or not ??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    yes
    Last edited by ltmac; 05-06-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: delete
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, If your device is running Jellybean 4.2.2 then I think there should be an option named tethering available for you, just try going into your settings>wifi settings>more settings>tethering and portable hotspot ! I am sure you can enable tethering from there have you checked it or not ??
    I got that. I'm after the free tethering that other carriers and/or models provide to rooted phones. that hotspot is the one I'm trying to avoid; it's sold as a plan.
  5. #5  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    Quote Originally Posted by ltmac View Post
    I got that. I'm after the free tethering that other carriers and/or models provide to rooted phones. that hotspot is the one I'm trying to avoid; it's sold as a plan.
    Well, if you are rooted then I don't think you'll be ...... anyway try using "ClockworkMod Tether" application for the tethering.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Wifi Tethering on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, if you are rooted then I don't think you'll be ...... anyway try using "ClockworkMod Tether" application for the tethering.
    Kelly, I tried that app. It didn't work as I couldn't find a USB driver for my model. Samsung offers no downloads. the usb tether gets me most of the way there, but hotspot is what I'm after. also, I have root on my phone. thanks for trying.

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck on Obtaining IP Address
    By Nemesis-X in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 04:31 PM
  2. Sprint Galaxy S3 won't turn on
    By Someone408B in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 08:19 AM
  3. Galaxy ace II cannot charge when screen off?
    By Didadroid in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 05:12 AM
  4. lock screen on case shut
    By Zombiedude101 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 02:58 AM
  5. Galaxy S5 Video Recording to View on Gear 2 Neo?
    By Three7s in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions