Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with Verizon Extended Netwrk

I have kind of iffy coverage at my home so I was able to talk VZ into giving me one of the Samsung SCS-2U01 network extenders.

When I got it Wednesday night and fired up (all blue indicator lights) the cell signal on my wife's HTC Incredible jumped to 5 bars. The Samsung Sway I used to use also showed 5 bars. My brand new S4 Mini was still only showing 1-2 bars, but I had the little icon that shows I was connected to an extended network. Dialing #48 I got the message that I was on Extended network. I was getting the double beep when I placed or answered calls. All seemed good. Day one, but did not have too many calls...

Yesterday morning placed a call that was breaking up badly, the other person could only hear about 1/2 of what I was saying. It dropped the call 3 times. After the third time I yanked the power out of the extender, and called the person back. Now it was clear, no breaking up and no dropping the call.

I have left the extender unplugged for now as this is unacceptable.

Anyone know if there is some incompatibility between the S4 Mini and the network extender?

madkiwi