Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIm card missing message

Today while talking to my dad the phone dropped the call. I thought at first it was just a reception issue, but when I looked at the display it was telling me it was missing the sim card. So of course I could not place a call back either.

I rebooted the phone, it works fine.

This is the 2nd time in the 17 days I have owned the phone. Do I have any recourse? Do I need a new sim card? A new phone?

I removed the card and wiped the contacts with a microfiber cloth, anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Mark

Default Re: SIm card missing message

Quote Originally Posted by madkiwis View Post
    Today while talking to my dad the phone dropped the call. I thought at first it was just a reception issue, but when I looked at the display it was telling me it was missing the sim card. So of course I could not place a call back either.

I rebooted the phone, it works fine.

This is the 2nd time in the 17 days I have owned the phone. Do I have any recourse? Do I need a new sim card? A new phone?

I removed the card and wiped the contacts with a microfiber cloth, anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Mark
    NO need for a new sim card or phone
    sim card is ok ,
    go to recovery and clear cache this may fix the problem
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

Default Re: SIm card missing message

Same problem with mine. Re-seating the SIM card would work for a day or 2. I finally took the SIM card out and put a piece of clear packing tape on the back to make it thicker i.e. apply more pressure to the contacts. I used "Caig" De-Ox-It contact cleaner and contact enhancer solution (Radio Shack, etc.) and inserted the SIM card. Problem solved! Leave a little extra tape folded over the leading edge of the SIM card to ease sliding it in, about 1/16", but not enough that would fold under the card.

You can also use Stabilant 22a (google search) contact enhancer, but it's expensive. Gold plated electrical contacts can be especially troublesome in low voltage/low current conditions.