Headphones /w Mic - Any recommendations?

Bhavik Patel2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have an S4 Mini LTE, and I'm looking for a not to expensive headphones with a mic that works properly with the S4 Mini.

I have Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 headphones at the moment - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3674360

However the mic doesn't seem to pick up any sound when Its plugged in and I'm not sure if this is an issue with the headset or if maybe these headphones mic is not compatible with the S4 Mini? Because I've had these headphones for a while but never really used the mic on it for calls and then I got the S4 Mini and wanted to use the Mic on it but realised that it doesn't work but sometimes when I'm on skype i'd have to plug in plug out and mess around with the headphones and the mic would randomly work?

tl;dr -- Technically should the Skullcandy ink'd 2.0's Mic be compatible with the S4 Mini - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3674360 or is there any headphones in the similar price range that you guys can recommend?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Those Skullcandy headphones should be compatible. Is there a setting within the phone app to all you to enable or disable the mic while in a call?

I've purchased some off brand headphones for a few bucks in the past and they work fine with my Nexus 5 and previous Android devices.

Bhavik Patel2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Those Skullcandy headphones should be compatible. Is there a setting within the phone app to all you to enable or disable the mic while in a call?

I've purchased some off brand headphones for a few bucks in the past and they work fine with my Nexus 5 and previous Android devices.

Thank you :).

I can't seem to find an option like that, but I do think its probably a faulty mic now as I have had the headphones for over 2 years, I guess I'll order another pair.

Thanks for the help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can probably find a handsfree with decent earphones in a dollar store for a buck or two. Cheaper and faster (especially if Amazon sends your package to the wrong post office like they just did to me - it's been sitting there for 4 days and all Amazon can tell me is "wait another 4 days". If Bezos were dead he'd be spinning in his grave.).

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased some Sony MDR-ZX610 headphones yesterday. They have a Mic and work great with my s4 mini. They have awesome bass and look very cool. You might want to check them out.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze