Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 Mini Not charging

My phone won't charge. Was working fine until yesterday. Now when I plug it into a wall, nothing happens. When I plug it into my computer, it only says "plugged in as a media device" and does not charge.

Something I did?

James

Default Re: S4 Mini Not charging

Welcome to Android Central! Might be a problem with your cable. Can you try another USB charging cable?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am coming over from an iPhone. I know the USB to phone cables are different (bought a couple)

But should my iPhone adapters work? I've got a car to USB adapter, and wall socket to USB adapter.

The adapters don't sound like the issue, because you're saying that when you plug the phone into your computer, it still doesn't charge. Where did you get the cables for your Samsung phone? Perhaps they're defective.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

right now I've got it plugged into computer and it's charging nicely. Yesterday it was saying "plugged in as media device" and was not charging.

I got the cable I'm using right now (at work) at the Sprint store. The cable I was trying to use at home with the USB to wall socket adaptor I got at a cell phone repair shop - pretty generic 'made in china' and not much else on the package LOL

so yeah... might be a crummy cable. I'll take the good one home and try it with the adapter and see how goes it.

thanks. will update tomorrow.