Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrteach3
  • 1 Post By mrteach3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picture Gallery Issue!!!

Okay,

I couldn't be more disappointed right now. This evening I took a whole bunch of pictures and everything seemed to be going very well. That was until I got home. When I looked at my gallery, the only pictures that were there, were the ones that I took this evening. None of the pictures I had taken previously are there. I know, I should have saved them already, or backed them up online somehow. I have been a lucky one and never had issues with anything before. The strange part is that one of the pictures missing is still my wallpaper, while the other one that was my lock screen is gone completely.

My questions are:

1. Why did this happen?
    2. Is there any way to get these pictures back? I have tried a couple of programs, but no solution has been found as of yet.

Thank you.

Default Re: Picture Gallery Issue!!!

Welcome to Android Central! That's concerning. Were the photos being saved to Internal Storage or to an external SD card? If you have an external SD card, try Unmounting it in Settings>Storage, then remove the card, and insert it into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter). Then see if you can find the photos using your computer's file explorer. If you find them, back them up immediately. It's possible the card was getting corrupted by the phone. You could try reformatting the card and then moving everything back on it, but if the phone corrupted the card, it certainly could happen again. This kind of thing seems to happen more often on Samsung devices--at least, from what I can tell by complaints on this forum.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I do not have an SD card, just the 16GB memory that came with the phone.

Any ideas???

Do you have Google+ Auto Backup turned on? If so, then photos you have taken are hopefully backed up to your Google+ Photos.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I wish I did previously. I am not new to this, but I sometimes take things for granted. This was one of those times. Lesson learned. Everything is set up now.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Just to be sure, go to the Photos app, swipe in from the left, scroll down, and tap Trash to see if any of the lost photos are there.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No luck. I know this sounds strange, but I plain get the feeling that I got an unlucky glitch which allowed the old pictures to be overwritten with new pic files. Not sure if that is possible, but it seems like the only reasonable answer at this point. Otherwise, something should have worked to find them. Like I said, lesson learned. Thanks for trying!!!
    B. Diddy likes this.