Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped phone on cement while it was raining outside now I have App & SSL error/HSTS failure issues

I dropped my phone out the front of my house while it was raining and it hit a few corners, the back of the phone and the battery fell out and all pieces of the phone were on the floor. I picked them up asap then dried all contents and put them back together, stupidly I turned my phone on and now certain things dont work. 3 Apps so far don't work, being Snapchat, Youtube and Google Play Store. Snapchat wasnt getting any connections/reloading, so I logged out and tried to log back in but I couldnt connect. When I try to use the Play Store it says no connection, and when I pressed retry it reffered me to the login screen to which I was able to do nothing. As for YouTube, it says there is a network connection error, then when I pressed retry it said there was a problem with the network. I cant sign in to these apps but I can sign out. If I try to use s voice to google search or try to use google voice search it says Can't reach google at the moment or says I am accessing a false google.com.au and stops me from entering :( I don't know if it's physical damage (primary guess) or something within the phone's files, either way its a bad outcome.

If anyone out there can help me, please please do, it would help so much even if there is no fix. I refuse to give up on my phone unless I know the real problem and that it's unfixable.. Thanks for even taking the time to read if you did, and thanks for any responses, much appreciated! :)

EDIT: Fixed the problem :) Google updated their permissions and I had to update my apps, but I couldn't do so through Play Store, I had to wait for a notification telling me I had apps to update, then just clicked it and updated them all, very happy!
    Last edited by Vageetus; 07-04-2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Solved! :)

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Dropped phone on cement while it was raining outside now I have App & SSL error/HSTS failure is

So everything is still working?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here