Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card column??

Hi,

Recently I realized that I have not been receiving notifications for some apps, I didnt know what happened so i reinstalled them and the problem persisted. I went then to check the application manager and found that some of the apps I have problems with are on the "ON SD CARD" Column. the thing is I dont have an external sd card or anything like that. I checked my moms phone which is the same model as mine and she doesnt have that column (i also installed an app I wasnt receiving notifications, and it worked fine on her phone). Is that the root of the problem? How can I fix it .

Sorry for my bad english.

SD card column??-mmxtc6i.png

Default Re: SD card column??

Do you have the kitkat update?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by androidpiper View Post
    Do you have the kitkat update?

hmm I dont think so. it says the android version is 4.2.2 and when i check the available updates it says there is none available. I have the phone as I got it from my phone company...

Hmm, that ruled out my only idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Peripera View Post
    ...How can I fix it...
    I'm not really sure, but... If you have not tried a Restart yet, then you should press and hold Power button. I expect you already tried that. So the only other idea I have is that maybe those apps are considered as being media, like song files? If so, you might be able to fix the situation by way of a media re-scan. To do this, you need to wipe current media meta data, and then force a re-scan as follows:

Applications manager > All (column) > Media Storage > Clear data

After data storage and cache both show zero, perferm a Re-start. This will cause Android to re-scan all media, which could take some time to complete. Hoping this works.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Wm7Long View Post
    I'm not really sure, but... If you have not tried a Restart yet, then you should press and hold Power button. I expect you already tried that. So the only other idea I have is that maybe those apps are considered as being media, like song files? If so, you might be able to fix the situation by way of a media re-scan. To do this, you need to wipe current media meta data, and then force a re-scan as follows:

Applications manager > All (column) > Media Storage > Clear data

After data storage and cache both show zero, perferm a Re-start. This will cause Android to re-scan all media, which could take some time to complete. Hoping this works.
    it didnt work i think doing a factory reset will help, but how can i prevent this from happening again.