Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Video's there, now gone

    Hi all, my name's lewman, hoping to get some help. i have a samsung s4 min with a 64gb mini card. I was recently connected to kies uploading all my pics from last weekend and was watching the videos on my phone i recorded. I had not saved the vid's to my comp, only the pic's. Now im not sure if this was already on my phone or not, but i have that sd card blank or unsupported thing on my phone. I've gone into kies and can't find the video's i recorded, only the videos that have been sent to me via whats app. not sure what i can do??? or how to go about it. any help be much apprectiated as it was a holiday i was on so can't re-record them moments again.
  2. #2  
    Indoler's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: Video's there, now gone

    Quote Originally Posted by lew_man View Post
    Hi all, my name's lewman, hoping to get some help. i have a samsung s4 min with a 64gb mini card. I was recently connected to kies uploading all my pics from last weekend and was watching the videos on my phone i recorded. I had not saved the vid's to my comp, only the pic's. Now im not sure if this was already on my phone or not, but i have that sd card blank or unsupported thing on my phone. I've gone into kies and can't find the video's i recorded, only the videos that have been sent to me via whats app. not sure what i can do??? or how to go about it. any help be much apprectiated as it was a holiday i was on so can't re-record them moments again.
    Sorry, I can't help you because I don't know how. Hopefully someone else here does.

    But here's a way to prevent this from happening again:
    install the free Dropbox app, or any other personal cloud app. Make sure it has enough available space to handle your pics and vids. For a holiday that could probably be a couple dozen Gigabytes. Then set it up to auto-sync all new contents of your DCIM folder if/whenever you're on WiFi (you don't want to do that over mobile networks!).
    So when you get home it will all be waiting neatly for you in your cloud on your desktop or laptop computer or tablet! :-)

    Added benefit: after the day's harvest of pics and vids has been auto-synced when you're back in the hotel and on WiFi, the next morning you can erase all that from your phone and use that space again and again for new pics and vids! :-) You then have virtually limitless storage space on your phone for pics and vids.

    The above being the case you can afford to always shoot at the highest possible image quality settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Video's there, now gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Sorry, I can't help you because I don't know how. Hopefully someone else here does.

    But here's a way to prevent this from happening again:
    install the free Dropbox app, or any other personal cloud app. Make sure it has enough available space to handle your pics and vids. For a holiday that could probably be a couple dozen Gigabytes. Then set it up to auto-sync all new contents of your DCIM folder if/whenever you're on WiFi (you don't want to do that over mobile networks!).
    So when you get home it will all be waiting neatly for you in your cloud on your desktop or laptop computer or tablet! :-)

    Added benefit: after the day's harvest of pics and vids has been auto-synced when you're back in the hotel and on WiFi, the next morning you can erase all that from your phone and use that space again and again for new pics and vids! :-) You then have virtually limitless storage space on your phone for pics and vids.

    The above being the case you can afford to always shoot at the highest possible image quality settings.
    ok thanks. hoping sum1 will post also with some advice, really going to be gutted if i've lost all the vids
  4. #4  
    Indoler's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: Video's there, now gone

    Quote Originally Posted by lew_man View Post
    hoping sum1 will post also with some advice, really going to be gutted if i've lost all the vids
    That's understandable and would be terrible.
    Meanwhile don't let that stop you from setting up your device now – as per the above suggestion – so that you make damn sure this can never happen again!
    lew_man likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't send videos with HTC one M8
    By tilithan in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 09:19 PM
  2. Google Now launcher on Note 3
    By keyzlife in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 01:30 PM
  3. Google now launcher
    By Closingracer in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions