MicroSD [Advice needed]

haroon158

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok so a few days ago I was transferring some videos onto my microSD card via a cable which was plugged into my phone.

It seemed to work fine but... the next morning the phone said SD card removed unexpectedly bla bla and the card wouldn't pick up.

This occured before however all I had to do was reformat the SD card but I am unable to do that as the card seems to be dead now..

Now I need some advice on which microSD card to buy to use with my phone. Preferably 32 GB or higher.

I also need to buy a USB connector so I can just simply take the card out of my phone to avoid any damage etc..

I have USB 3.0 connectors in my PC, so can use usb 3.0 adaptors.

Please help meee :p

anon4935932

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that... I hope you're right. I just put a San Disk 64 gb micro sd in my new S4 mini not half an hour ago! I've used them in other devices before without incident.

Posted via Android Central App

DanPackMan

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Your old card probably was corrupted somehow, slower cards seem to be at a higher risk for this problem. You can likely 'fix' it to make it useable again, but will lose the data. To do so, insert it in a PC card reader and use a tool like Mini-Tool Partition Wizard (or similar free partition tool) to delete the disk partition and then do a full reformat (not a quick one)

petermoe1963

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
+1 for Sandisk. Cannot go wrong with Sandisk - BUT make sure you buy GENUINE Sandisk, there are a lot of fakes out there.

Have used also many Lexar memory cards, they are very good and a tick cheaper than Sandisk.

If you buy a "class 10" they are generally fast enough and not causing problems because they are too slow. Class 10 will allow for full HD video recording.

In my S4 mini I use a 32 gb Samsung. That's my first Samsung microSD, but so far works just fine. Have used tons of Samsung hard drives and SSD's over the years, generally I trust the brand.

Many camera manufacturers will recommend particular brands and models memory for their cameras, I've never seen a phone manufacturers do that.

Had problems with microSD cards in several phones/tablets - some memory cards would run in one, but not the other. Sometimes a tablet would crash with a microSD installed, but run stable without.

About USB adapters, I find that most cheap card readers do the trick, but several died on my in recent weeks. ADATA brand card readers seem good value for money and reliable.

Many card readers have only SD slots and need an adapter for micro-SD. If you buy the microSD, make sure you get an adapter with it.

I don't think you need an USB3.0 card reader, because real-world speed of memory cards isn't that great... unless you buy U1/U3, which are expensive.