Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini back cover

Hello,

I am thinking about getting the Galaxy S4 mini. I like the model and most people seem to be positive about it. The only thing i really don't like is the back cover (battery door): neither the normal (slippery) one or the faux leather version. So if i buy it i would like to replace the cover.

I searched the internet for a replacement cover like the Khomo Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Rubberized Texture Back Cover (can't post links), but i didn't find it for the s4 mini.

Does anyone have a tip? Thanks (and excuses for my english, it's not my native language)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini back cover

Hey, used to have an S4 Mini now got an S4. Best thing is to get an s-view cover. Their back cover can come in different styles/textures and it offers front protection and the s-view screen (accessing clock,no. of messages/missed calls, wifi/data on, music playing etc.) I wouldn't recommend the original samsung ones as they come in plain white and black but I would recommend the unofficial ones (from this website) or amazon/eBay!

ure english is good for being a native.

Regards,

Rohan

I tried a couple different back covers until I found what I really like, which is a very inexpensive thin protective cover. It came from China via eBay, took 2-3 weeks to arrive, and had sharp edges, didn't feel good. But after using fine sandpaper and a fingernail file, it now feels so fine and fits perfectly. Here's a list of stuff available on eBay, starting with the one I luv:

ultra thin cover s4 mini | eBay
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the tips, i will also get a cover indeed. But in this thread i didn't mean a case but a battery door (for replacement). I couldn't really find one i liked, except the rubberized one i mentioned in my first post, but they only sell it for the S4.
    But maybe a case that i will keep on to the phone most of the time will also solve the 'problem' (a luxury problem ofcourse )
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rohankm21 View Post
    Hey, used to have an S4 Mini now got an S4. Best thing is to get an s-view cover. Their back cover can come in different styles/textures and it offers front protection and the s-view screen (accessing clock,no. of messages/missed calls, wifi/data on, music playing etc.) I wouldn't recommend the original samsung ones as they come in plain white and black but I would recommend the unofficial ones (from this website) or amazon/eBay!

ure english is good for being a native.

Regards,

Rohan
    thanks ... does a s-view cover offer enough protection in your experience (when dropping the phone e.g.)?

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

I'm new to Android and the S4 Mini as well. I got the S-cover, and the back is slippery just like the stock cover. However, consider that with the S-cover, you can hold the Mini with your fingers on or around the front cover (which is not slippery) without worrying about prints or smudges on the screen. In addition, it has the neat iPad-like feature of turning the screen on/off when you open/close the cover. When the cover is closed, you briefly get a mini-display of the time and notifications, etc. That's good for me because I often pull out my phone just to check the time. In addition, you can take phone calls and see alerts with the cover closed.
    A quick YouTube search turned up a video specifically about the s-cover for the mini (I don't have enough posts here for permission to post links, but I'm sure you can figure this out...): youtu.be/T1V0p-A1zJU . It's mainly about the different color offerings (you can get black or white in addition), but it also illustrates some of the functions I mentioned.
    Lastly, since this replaces the back cover, it does not offer any additional protection there. On the front, the cover obviously will help protect against scratches, and may lessen any damage from dropping it, but this is not a cover that is designed for that purpose.
    Thanked by:

It does in my opinion. most of the time when it drops it lands on the front of the phone and about 75% of the time the s-view cover protects it, you can also use the camera when the case covers the back of the phone. Good luck!
    S4 User, Macbook Pro User, iMac User and a Tech Lover!
    Thanked by:

Good answer. I also gave a similar one!
    S4 User, Macbook Pro User, iMac User and a Tech Lover!