Random 15% battery drop and restart?

androidpiper

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Last night I had my phone on the couch back, on silent, while watching tv. I couldn't see it or the screen. I heard it buzz once and didn't think anything of it. Then I heard again and grabbed it to see it was turning on. I waited for it to finish and saw battery was a lot lower than I thought it was before. I looked at the battery stats and it had dropped around 15%. But I let it be for 10 minutes and checked it again and it had dropped another 2%. I turned it off and pulled the battery out. Waited a few minutes and turned it on. No problems since. Any ideas what happened?

Last edited:

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
...Any ideas what happened?

My suspicion is resistance in the connection between battery terminal pads and their contact points in your phone. These parts are made with gold! That's expensive, but worth it, because gold makes the best connection. Hopefully, you've never touch'd your battery's gold pads. Fingerprint oils cause resistance build up, oxydation, corrosion. I suggest you wipe battery terminals with a clean dry lint free cloth.

androidpiper

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My suspicion is resistance in the connection between battery terminal pads and their contact points in your phone. These parts are made with gold! That's expensive, but worth it, because gold makes the best connection. Hopefully, you've never touch'd your battery's gold pads. Fingerprint oils cause resistance build up, oxydation, corrosion. I suggest you wipe battery terminals with a clean dry lint free cloth.

Did that, and I was also due to clean any lint build up. The battery terminals are recessed so they should have been good but I did try to wipe them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12