Messaging app on brand new phone keeps crashing?

user_of_a_phone

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I recently made the switch from an iPhone to a Galaxy S4 mini. Everything is working find except for the messaging app. I imported all of my messages from my iPhone over (around 36,000), but the app pretty much crashes every time I use it. If I can open the app at all, it will usually let me send one text before crashing and I usually have to restart the phone to be able to fully open the app again.
I deleted a few threads and messages that were unimportant, and the app seemed to work slightly better (as in maybe I can send two text messages now if I'm lucky), but obviously, I want it to work without crashing at all.

As a digital hoarder, I'd prefer to keep all or most of my messages / wouldn't want to spend the time to leaf through all 35000 or so remaining messages to pick out the ones I want to keep from the ones I can part with if I can avoid it.

Any suggestions?

I tried switching over to hangouts, but I wasn't able to delete any messages or send any messages while using hangouts, so either I'm doing something wrong or it's just not working.

Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae