Phone Didn't Ring : - (

Valco18

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes---and I have a new issue here.
Same S4 Mini bought new from Sprint store just over a yr ago. The only apps I've downloaded are Scout GPS (works fine) and the "assistive light" flashlight (which is the huge black box icon but it works great--those are the only 2 things Ive downloaded and I dont mess with games or anything else.

Today, I had it plugged into my desktop computers usb port to charge while I was online working...I've done this many times without problems.
So I'm sitting here and my phone gives me a back to back tone that I've got 2 voicemails---problem is the phone didn't ring. My mom just had knee surgery and I was expecting a call from the hospital. I checked my voice mails and sure enough it was the hospital with 2 different voice mails about 4 min apart.
After I settled down from going ballistic, I called Sprint. Explained the situation to the nice lady on the phone, & she went and asked he supervisor (put me on hold) she came back and told me to hang up and dial *720, and mentioned something about call forwarding or whatever. I explained it wasnt a call forwarding issue--my phone DIDNT ring on an important incoming call. She told me again to do the *720 deal and it would fix it. BTW,,,I left the phone plugged in to my PC and I landlined my cell phone---it rang.
Does anyone know about this *720 deal before I do something stupid?
And another BTW--since March of last year it's done this a few times. Sometimes I will get a "missed call" message and the phone didnt ring. It's been a long time since its done this but today I came unglued about it not ringing on an important incoming call.
Thank you for your time & help ; - )

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How's your cell signal where your computer is? If the signal is a little spotty (or if something else in the study is causing interference), then maybe the signal wasn't good enough at the time those calls were trying to come through.

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I think this is one of those cell phone mysteries. I have it happen occasionally and know others who do to. I'm a Verizon customer. I know AT&T customers who have experienced it too. Nothing to do with being connected to PC. It just happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781