Why can't I update my rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Verizon?

Tzvi Hoffman

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I can't up update my rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Verizon

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini Verizon that I rooted through towel root. Recently I've been getting a message from Verizon that there is an update available, but when I try to install it I get an error message. Is there an easy (or any) way to update my phone without having to wipe it clean? I'm a little tech savvy so if someone could help me out and maybe walk me through it a little, I would probably be able to figure it out.
I would really appreciate any help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can't up update my rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Verizon

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini Verizon that I rooted through towel root. Recently I've been getting a message from Verizon that there is an update available, but when I try to install it I get an error message. Is there an easy (or any) way to update my phone without having to wipe it clean? I'm a little tech savvy so if someone could help me out and maybe walk me through it a little, I would probably be able to figure it out.
I would really appreciate any help.

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to go in to your SuperSU app and hit unroot, that should remove all the root files and then allow you to update.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the reason you can't update is that your KNOX counter is no longer 0x0. (Some root methods cause this.) I'm not sure how to check KNOX counter status. You may have to boot into download mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae