Mobile data connectivity issues

Ben12321

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

For some reason despite my phone displaying that it has a 4G connection, or 3G depending on location, my phone unable to load any web pages or do anything related to the internet through mobile data, though the wi-fi connectivity still works perfectly fine. When I try to open a browser page on mobile data it just keeps trying to load and I never actually get a message saying no internet connection which I get if I turn the data off so it seems like there is some sort of connection but it just isn't doing anything. The phone is around 2 and half years old and has worked perfectly fine with no issues at all until the connectivity issues started last week.

I've been into a Vodafone shop who I have a SIM only contract with and they checked that I had the right settings and after trying a few different resets eventually swapped my SIM card for a new one. After that didn't work they didn't really seem to have any idea what the problem is, though they suspected it's a fault with my phone, or suggestions as to what I could do other than take it somewhere to get it fixed or get a new phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be since after searching around the internet for a while I haven't managed to find anything concerning a similar issue.

Thanks

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You may want to call customer care. Tell them that you have issues. They probably will do all the phone testing and troubleshooting nonsense before they are even willing to connect you to a technician. However, I believe it has to do with your carrier rather than with the phone (if the settings are truly correct).

I had a similar issue with AT&T and it turned out that the setup of my account was somehow faulty. It did show that data and everything was enabled but, somewhere in the system, it just was blocked. After nearly a week of calling and troubleshooting, they just reinitiated my account and reenabled all the services and I was good to go.