Galaxy S4 Mini freezing, crashing after simple tasks. Any advice?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 Mini freezing, crashing after simple tasks

In the past week or so, my Galaxy S4 mini has started to freeze, crash, restart, or otherwise lock up. This occurs when I open simple apps like Gmail, or when I receive a text, or sometimes for no apparent reason at all, maybe a dozen times a day or more. I have to force-restart it all the time, which is super annoying. I can't even open certain apps (for example, the phone freezes every single time I try to open my sleep tracker app).

I've cleared all app caches. I've cleared the RAM. I've unmounted and remounted the SD card. I've taken the battery out and put it back in again. Nothing has helped.

I've only had the phone since June, and can't recall dropping it or anything recently. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Mini freezing, crashing after simple tasks

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S 4 mini | Verizon Wireless

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Zorro007

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Mini freezing, crashing after simple tasks

Hello, I do have the same problem since a few days. I tried the solution you proposed but my phone does not show the Safe option. I run Android V4.4.2. Any other suggestions ?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01