Samsung S4 Mini - help?

A

AC Question

Samsung S4 Mini - help

I don't know the first thing about phones so please bear with me. Over the past 5 months my girlfriend (she lives with me) and her ex-husband have had all their devices compromised. For her it has been phones and for him its been phones and a laptop or two. Some of the issues they've had include changed passwords from almost every account, posting pictures online, setting up fake profiles, and much, much worse. Recently I was sitting with her and when she looked at phone there were 46 open internet tabs...nobody touched the phone.

Unfortunately, this has all been blamed on me. They believe I've been spying on the two of them because it's my understanding all their device information has shown up in my phone. I've also been told an IP address was traced back to me. He sent an email to my corporate office telling them how horrible I am. He's also been nice enough to send me texts calling me everything from a two bit hacker to a piece of ****. I'm losing everything - the girl, my family, the job, etc. Obviously, they aren't going to hand their devices over to me so I can get help so everything I know is what I'm told or the little bit I know for sure about her phones. She has bought maybe 4 phones in the last two months and all have the same issues. I've even been accused of having monitoring devices in my house.

I have called Samsung, Google, Verizon, Comcast, etc. and nobody will even give me a clue. It's over for me, but I'd like her to know I never tried to control, stalk, monitor, etc. on her and I have absolutely no interest in watching over his shoulder. I hope this gives enough information for somebody to at least give me some ideas. I'm out of time and I don't have much left.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yikes. Is there anyone else who has access to your devices or accounts? Does anyone else live with you? Do you ever leave your accounts open on a computer at home or at work?

Did the people involved use strong passwords for their accounts, as well as two-step authentication where possible (especially with their Google accounts)? Regardless of who did the breach, maximizing device and account security is largely the user's responsibility. So if their passwords were "123456" and they never bothered to secure their Google accounts with two-step authentication (which is easy to do), then that contributed to the problem.

OCCards22

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I can't say what steps the ex has taken to secure his system. The lady living with me has probably created 10 or more gmail accounts with the most complex passwords she can create. Additionally, she generally has two step verification on all or most of her accounts. She also factory resets her phones almost daily. I can give my best guess as to how the three of us got tied together some of her specific problems. She connected to the wireless network at my house some time ago. She also (with permission) opened a few of his accounts over my wireless network. She also used that phone on his wireless network so there is some common thread.
Her problems:
Internet searches being done while she's not using the phone. As I mentioned, she had 46 open tabs while we were sitting watching a movie. That same night here phone started blinking off and on for about 5 - 10 seconds.
Password changes on her accounts.
She's informed me that when I access the wireless network, her phone starts downloading information to mine.
Apparently somebody (me of course) used Google5 or something similar to tell Webwatchers they were minors and they needed to be monitored.
Finally, she informed me that all of their previous devices were listed on my phone in some Google Play or Google Books file...maybe an emulated file.
While she texted, a box was on the bottom of the screen copying her text...literally key for key.
I do have a computer and IPAD as well. The IPAD isn't here right now and my computer is owned by my company. I subcontract to the government and I can't even access the internet without going through a VPN. Everything I do is monitored. I'm in a position now where I have to prove it wasn't me. He has retained an attorney and the police don't seem interested. I just want to know if any of her issues have been identified before and what I can do or where I can go to get help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why does she need 10 different Google accounts?

Your situation is too complex to try to solve on a forum, unfortunately. As belodion suggested above, I would start consulting with an attorney, who can be proactive in heading off any future legal messiness. You may also want to look around for any tech security consultants who you might be able to hire to investigate this issue. If you decide to see an attorney, that person may be able to refer you to this kind of consultant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1