Black screen of death. How to download contacts?

Joejoe-eyes

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I'll try to be as detailed as possible though I am not a techy at all. I have a Samsung galaxy s4 mini which for no reason has the black screen of death.I tried all the reset suggestions, a number of times, I found on line pressing buttons taking battery out etc but no change. I've plugged it into my pc and there seems to be photo files etc. However I need my contacts and text messages which are not there as i believe they're on the sum or device. I have done loads of searches for solutions and am getting nowhere. I have downloaded a programme to transfer the info though the USB needs debugging (whatever that is) which I can't do without a screen. I thought about plugging it into my samsung smart TV to see if I could debug that way but as I was looking to see which cable I'd need I read articles which seem I don't think my phone is compatible with hdmi. I have a new phone now, a Samsung galaxy a3 which has a nano sim and won't read the sd card of the s4 mini, which has a micro sim. Is there any advice you could give about accessing my contacts and texts please? Thank you, Joe

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Download Samsung Smart switch and seeif that will back up and restore data to yor new phone. If your pc csn see some files it sounds hopeful

Joejoe-eyes

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Would I just need to download it to my new phone? It's the stuff I can't see in my pc that I really want like the contacts and texts off my device.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Your Samsung account will allow you to unlock the screen remotely BTW Smart Switch needs to be installed on your PC, once the screen is unlocked, connect to your PC and recover your data