Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with root Sprint GS4

hello i just recently got the galaxy s4 with sprint. im trying to root my phone but i am unable to using the methods i have found i get error messages when clicking super user icon on my screen. I think it has to do with my ota that my phone recieved the other day. Any help would be appreciated my phonebase band is. L720vpuamdl and build number is JDQ39.L720PUAMDL i WOULD appreciate any help i have looked everywhere for how to do this. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Need help with root Sprint GS4

head out to xda forum under development page and they speak about this after root. I root mined before this update, but been getting the popup update. I've since disabled the pop-up
    if i can find that link i would assist, but head over there...

head out to xda forum under development page and they speak about this after root. I root mined before this update, but been getting the popup update. I've since disabled the pop-up
    if i can find that link i would assist, but head over there...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok thanks ive been looking over there for a few hrs cant find anything. I dont have root currently have the update on my phone so i think im out of luck i have tried the root and it said it worked then i check the root using an app and it says not rooted. Then the superuser app doesnt work it says binary outdated and cant fix that so looks like i need to wait till theres a fix.

check this link out > [HOW TO][LINK][UPDATE]Flash Stock MDL with Modem, Custom Recovery and Root. - xda-developers
    within there, it speaks about after the update and to download this zip > http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuf...ble-spr-TW.zip

read carefully and ask questions... i rooted before the update, but have since also instaled a ROM and disable the notification that prompts for update.

make sure that the root is available for ur current version. I am rooted S4 Sprint 4.2.2 baseband V: L720vpuamdc

same here... MDC. I've read about the update not letting you ROOT and thus have to use other methods.

I have the new tutorial. [email address removed]