Flashing stock recovery/removing custom recovery

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was a veteran iPhone jailbreaker before I fell in love with Android. Now, I am wondering about rooting my Android device. I googled around, but couldn't find a solid answer to this question: If I install a custom ROM and recovery, is there any way I can revert BOTH (I know I will be able to revert to stock ROM if I have a Nandroid backup I think). If so, how would I flash stock recovery back to the phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was a veteran iPhone jailbreaker before I fell in love with Android. Now, I am wondering about rooting my Android device. I googled around, but couldn't find a solid answer to this question: If I install a custom ROM and recovery, is there any way I can revert BOTH (I know I will be able to revert to stock ROM if I have a Nandroid backup I think). If so, how would I flash stock recovery back to the phone?

You would need to find the stock recovery .tar file and flash through ODIN.

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Sorry for this, but can you find me the stock recovery .tar file for AT&T SGH-I337? I would really appreciate that.

LordVoid

May 19, 2013
Visit site
YES, Stock recovery is included in the Stock Rom that came with samsung. by the way I was a veteran iPhone Jailbreaker as well Fully retired at 6.1.3