Recovery not recognizing extSD (Verizon)

iToddh

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I successfully rooted my device earlier and all is going well, but I'm running into a snag for backing up in custom recovery/flashing new ROMs. The recovery isn't recognizing my extSD card, but the phone when booted will. I've moved the ROMs to the extSD to save space and want my backup to go there as well. I used the "one-click" method that was releases not that long ago.

Anyone found a fix for this at all or experiencing the same issue?

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I successfully rooted my device earlier and all is going well, but I'm running into a snag for backing up in custom recovery/flashing new ROMs. The recovery isn't recognizing my extSD card, but the phone when booted will. I've moved the ROMs to the extSD to save space and want my backup to go there as well. I used the "one-click" method that was releases not that long ago.

Anyone found a fix for this at all or experiencing the same issue?

Most custom ROMs don't like extFAT and that may be true for custom recovery. I would reformat the card to FAT: copy your stuff to your PC, reformat and then copy your stuff back.

iToddh

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Most custom ROMs don't like extFAT and that may be true for custom recovery. I would reformat the card to FAT: copy your stuff to your PC, reformat and then copy your stuff back.

I will give that a shot. I figured that would be the option I would need to do in order to get it going. I'll try it and see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech