Need Help Rooting

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I will be getting a S4 from AT&T in about a month and I am very excited about the prospect of being able to root it. This being said I have done a good amount of research and reading on this topic and what I have found is a whole lot of conflicting information. Some methods claim to be "one-click" that will root the device safely but does not install any custom recovery. I have read in places that there is no way to unlock the bootloader on the s4 yet and therefore no custom recoveries can be installed. However there are youtube videos showing different ways of doing that. I am just confused and would like to know if there is a single good way to do this. I am only asking because it seems to me that there are a lot of different variants on the way this can be done and I just would like a single one that will work. I mainly want to use root for tethering and overclocking but flashing roms and kernels for battery life sound good too. Any help on this would be appreciated as I do not want to brick my brand new phone when I get it.

Jweb92

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Youtube qbking77 or go to his website he has all the info you'll ever need with how to videos of everything
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have successfully used CWM, TWRP, and CF-Auto-Root on the post-May 7 OTA UVUAMDL build (T-Mobile version)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol