So I have rooted via mac but have no clockwork mod

Adam Huxtable

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I have rooted my S4 i9505 and want to install a custom rom, but when I boot my phone and hold Power, Volume Up and Home button it takes me to the Samsung recovery, I have since seen different guide and realised I should have rooted via a PC and Odin, do I have to unroot to root again via Odin? Or is there a way to install a custom rom with the current state my phone is at?

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted I wouod check out twrp its a recovery just like cmw but has different features and crap. You can install my going to the play store and installing goomanager

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is the link to cwm. You download the md5 file and then just flash it through Odin and you should have cwm on your phone.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So I have rooted my S4 i9505 and want to install a custom rom, but when I boot my phone and hold Power, Volume Up and Home button it takes me to the Samsung recovery, I have since seen different guide and realised I should have rooted via a PC and Odin, do I have to unroot to root again via Odin? Or is there a way to install a custom rom with the current state my phone is at?

So...you need to read some guides to understand what's going on here! Rooting and flashing a custom recovery are two different processes...it just so happens that you need to root in order to get a custom recovery. Here's a good bit of info to get you started:

[GUIDE][INFO] The beginner's info thread (aka. the noob helper) - xda-developers

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui