T-Mobile Tethering

dkaf

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All
I just changed to an S4 on T-Mobile from a Droid Maxx on Verizon. As part of the unilimited package you get a measly 500MB of tethering. I installed foxfi but it still uses the T-Mobile tethering first and if I turn it off it loses all connection. I just tried rooting it to see if I could disable but that didn't work either. Anyone know how I can turn off the T-Mobile tethering and leave foxfi on? These seems to be a very tricky work around as you get thethering but at such a low amount as to be useless.

Thanks
David

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All
I just changed to an S4 on T-Mobile from a Droid Maxx on Verizon. As part of the unilimited package you get a measly 500MB of tethering. I installed foxfi but it still uses the T-Mobile tethering first and if I turn it off it loses all connection. I just tried rooting it to see if I could disable but that didn't work either. Anyone know how I can turn off the T-Mobile tethering and leave foxfi on? These seems to be a very tricky work around as you get thethering but at such a low amount as to be useless.

Thanks
David

If you have root permissions and Titanium Backup installed, try freezing the Tetheringprovision.apk.

This isn't necessary for me, as AOSP-based custom ROMs don't have T-Mobile's proprietary tetheringprovision.apk so tethering works for me, regardless of my data package. (I simply grandfathered an older unlimited data plan.)

dkaf

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I do have it rooted and will try that, I had bad experience's with ROMs on my Droid, random programs would crash (like gallery) and the citibike app (here in nYC) didn't run at all, kept saying you need google play services to be installed (which is was).
Thanks

I had nobloat and that didn't see it, so tried titanium and that also doesn't see that file.

Thanks though

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12