VZW GS4 Rooted, ROM'd. Now how do I load another?

ugotmopped

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just left my Iphone for a new S4. First thing I did when I got it yesterday was root it and load in a custom Rom. (Clean Rom) My phone is all set up the way I like it. Now if I want to load another rom on this phone like Hyperdrive...how do I do that without losing all my info and how I set my phone up already?

Thanks!

J

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Reboot to recovery, make a back up of your existing rom.

Once you do this, make sure you have the new rom that you want to flash to next on your device, go to wipe>factory reset, the wipe system.

After that go to install>select the new rom and flash away

ugotmopped

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bizzle,

How do I backup all my apps and settings? preferences? home screen and icons, etc? Do I use titanium backup for all that?

Then start the phone in download mode, wipe>factory reset an load the new rom?

Once the phone is back up - go into titanium and restore?

I just don't to sit there and set up all my accounts again. Thanks!

schmoli

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully you have CWM or another recovery installed, and if so, the easiest way is to reboot into recovery "ROM Manager" app is great for that if you don't like holding all the buttons down., once there, you can use the CWM menu to navigate to backup/restore and perform a backup, this basically makes a giant folder with a FULL backup of your phone, which you can then re-apply from recovery, no need to jump into download mode really. I've been bouncing from stock to CM10 to CleanRom and am thinking about giving AOKP a try. When I do a new ROM and not just a new CM nightly, I reboot to recovery, wipe->factory, format /system, format /data, clear all the caches, then choose "apply zip from ..." and choose my new ROM, then reboot, and I'm good to go. the Wipe->Factory is a little redundant if you format both /data and /system, but I just put it there in case you missed a step.
I really don't want to use a TW ROM but the CM10 camera is all bluey and I do miss the stock one.

edit: CWM means "ClockworkMod" if you didn't know.

Jay Slay#AC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!

I do have CWM installed. Let me ask you, which ROM do you feel is the fastest and most stable? I am having some slight Bluetooth and Spotify problems with the Cleanrom.

I don't want to lose a lot of the camera functions. So a ROM that can support that would be cool.

(for some reason I have 2 accounts linked here, but they are both me. thanks)

schmoli

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!

I do have CWM installed. Let me ask you, which ROM do you feel is the fastest and most stable? I am having some slight Bluetooth and Spotify problems with the Cleanrom.

I don't want to lose a lot of the camera functions. So a ROM that can support that would be cool.

(for some reason I have 2 accounts linked here, but they are both me. thanks)

Well again I'm running the Cyanogenmod nightlies right now, and unfortunately there is a camera issue where the stock camera app takes blue-ish pictures, but oh well that made me get into this whole Instagram thing to take my pictures. Since other camera apps aren't having the issue I think it will be fixed soon, or perhaps I can just look into more 3rd party camera applications.

I plan on testing AOKP soon if they keep up with their builds, at this point they haven't built in 11 days so I'm staying away.

My dream would be the stock S4 camera app (or at least quality and features such as dual-shot) + stock-ish android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1