Call Recording hack?

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Certainly there are some but you did not provide enough detail for anyone to tell you if they will work on your phone or on your carrier.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to hijack. Just asking if recording someone without their knowledge is legal. I actually don't know, I'm not trying to preach anything.

mdeckerpersonal

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
^ Depends on the state you live in. Some states (such as California, the state I live in) are "two-party consent" states. Meaning, both parties have to consent to being recorded otherwise it is illegal. Some states are only one-party consent states, which means only one party has to consent to being recorded and the other does not.

Federal law is only one party consent. However, there was a supreme court decision upholding that California's two-party consent applies if the calls are made to California from another state (in that case, Georgia). California "Two-Party Consent Law" Applies to Recording of Calls Made from Other States | Resources | Morrison Foerster

Now I'm not 100% sure when I say this bit but; I remember working on a project that I had to do some research on for calling another one-party state FROM California and I believe that was ok (as in, I could be the party consenting while the other did not have to).

Hope this helps, stumbled on here clicking around lol.

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the dissertation, it again hijacks the thread and contributes zero to answering the OP's question.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

greenfinger

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Get TapeACall!

You have to pay for it, but you don't have to jump through hoops to get it to work. They claim it works on every Droid without rooting. I've had a few phones this year and it has worked on every one, rooted or unrooted. With my job, I need to have pseudo-professional quality recordings; TapeACall is the only service that I found that isn't a joke. Check it out - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.teltechcorp.tapeacall&token=hGUlQW-9

In regards to legality: Telephone recording laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1