1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Installing MIUI Rom on Galaxy S4 using Mobile Odin, Installing Update, Installation Aborted?

Okay so, I'm new to Android, this being my first device. I've successfully rooted my Galaxy S4, and am wanting to install MIUI ROM. Because I use a Mac, I've downloaded Mobile Odin to use CWM Recovery to install the MIUI zip to my phone. Whenever I try to install the zip, It says: Installing update.... Installation Aborted. I'm not sure why this is, but it has happened with me also trying to install PACMAN ROM. If anyone could offer any help/advice, that'd be great!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Installing MIUI Rom on Galaxy S4 using Mobile Odin, Installing Update, Installation Aborted?

when you are in recovery, first make a backup of your existing rom (stock or whatever is currently on it).

Before you install another rom, you must wipe the existing : factory reset and wipe system. THEN you can install a new rom, I am assuming that is your issue. Make sure it is a rom that is compatible with your exact device (miui, cm, pacman, etc make their roms for nearly all devices)
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Installing MIUI Rom on Galaxy S4 using Mobile Odin, Installing Update, Installation Aborted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    when you are in recovery, first make a backup of your existing rom (stock or whatever is currently on it).

Before you install another rom, you must wipe the existing : factory reset and wipe system. THEN you can install a new rom, I am assuming that is your issue. Make sure it is a rom that is compatible with your exact device (miui, cm, pacman, etc make their roms for nearly all devices)
    Thanks for the help, but I've done both of those things, also wiped the dalvik cache, and it is still giving me the installing update.. installation aborted error. I've made sure that the miui rom is for my specific S4, and the pacman rom was also for my S4. Why is it still giving me this error?

*UPDATE*

I think I may have found the error. I downloaded the .zip files from a Mac, and they automatically unzip. I recompressed them, and after some forum searching that most likely caused the problem. I'm currently downloading the rom directly onto my phone, so I'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Kat Grujin; 07-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.